We're a family church and the families and people involved mostly live in the village of Oughtibridge and surrounding areas. The church has been meeting in Oughtibridge for over 150 years and today's church family has a mix of ages across all generations, some of us have known Jesus for a long time, others for just a few months.
There's all sorts of regular activities through the week and on Sundays for all ages. Our Sunday services are informal, with everyone joining together for the first 15 minutes and then the children go out to the Youth Work. We sometimes join for a light lunch after the service to spend time together and get to know each other a bit better.
We support a number of individuals and organisations through prayer, financial giving and in other ways. Some are local to Sheffield, others are elsewhere in the UK and indeed across the globe, all working to share the Good News of Jesus.
A number of other groups use our building for their own activities either regularly or for one-off events. Click here to get more information about using our building.
We are linked to the Wesleyan Reform Union, although our leadership is from within our church. We have four Elders and a further group of men and women who together form our leadership.
Various people within the church have responsibilities for the Youth Work and all the other aspects of our church life.
The whole church meets together once every three or four months to talk about new ideas, how we spend our money and how we reach out to the community around us.
· There is one all powerful God, creator of the universe.
· The Bible is God’s words to us – the authoritative life guide.
· Jesus is the Son of God. He came to earth as a man, died on the cross and came back to life from the dead. He is alive today!
· God loves everyone and wants people to know him and experience his love.
· By nature everyone sins and rebels against God. We deserve to be condemned by God, but God sent Jesus to bring people back to himself by their faith and repentance.
· By dying on the cross Jesus took the punishment we deserve. By believing and trusting in Him our wrongdoing and rebellion toward God is forgiven, our friendship with God is restored and we can look forward to eternal life..
· We experience God in our everyday lives through God’s Holy Spirit who lives within us.
· As believers we are both a local church representing Jesus in our community and part of God’s worldwide church.
Our Elders are:
Matt Brook, Richard Hall, John Scarffe and Pete Shapland.
Our Leadership Team are:
Jo Brook, Matt Brook, Rick Grayson, Richard Hall, Angela Howard, Adrian Little, Pam Smith and Jen Yeardley.
We are part of the Wesleyan Reform Union www.thewru.com . The Wesleyan Reform Union is a registered charity and a small denomination of 100 or so churches. Each church has complete autonomy and financial independence.
Please email us or Contact us.
Opposite the Health Centre
next door to number 27
If you have any queries about us or the Christian faith please contact us
Or use our contact form.